MILLINGTON CHURCH HERITAGE PROJECT
In 2019, Millington Parochial Church Council was very fortunate to receive a grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund to repair the external stonework of the church, and to research and display the heritage of Millington and its local area.
One aim was to draw together interesting items, photographs, maps and newspaper cuttings of the village that were dispersed among residents; and to display these in the church - making them accessible to the public.
The resulting exhibitions in the church have been rotated, covering one topic at a time.
This section of the aroundmillington website (aroundmillington/heritageproject) will host an overview of each past exhibition. Click on the link buttons above to see a selection of the photographs and information which have been displayed.
is a grade 1 listed building dating from the mid 12th century. It has a Saxon font, Norman doorway, and an unusual 14th century ‘weeping’ chancel. A late Victorian restoration by Temple Moor used the box pews as wall panelling.
There is a recently renovated Royal Arms of George 1 dated 1726, and a modern stained glass window by Tom Denny donated by a late parishioner and dedicated by Archbishop Sentamu. There are two grade 1 listed cross bases in the churchyard.
St MARGARET`S CHURCH MILLINGTON
An excerpt from "Tramping in Yorkshire", 1932 by Alfred Brown